Chicken Noodle Soup For The Awkward Girl's Soul

A hearty serving of Chicken Noodle Soup For The Awkward Girl's Soul.

Sunday, March 27, 2016

100 Happy Things

I recently took a screenshot of my friend's Snapchat story.




In case you didn't get all that, this person's shirt lists 100 things to be happy about. I took said screenshot so that I could peruse at my own leisure. Some of the items I agree with. Others? Not so much. Then I started thinking, what 100 items would I wear on my shirt? Alas, in no particular order, here are the 100 little things that make life kinda beautiful sometimes, make me crack a smile, give me an oozy gooey feeling, etc. etc. etc. 

1. The last little bit of melted ice at the bottom of a Fla-Vor-Ice 
2. Frozen Thin Mints
3. The sun on my face
4. Dogs with their head out the window
5. Sharing a smile and making eye contact with someone after they trip on the sidewalk 
6. Babies giggling
7. Puppies tripping over themselves as they run
8. Fast-forwarding through commercials and pressing play right when the show comes back on
9. The gentle pop of a Snapple lid 
10. Puns (DUH)
11. Getting lost in a good book
12. Bonding with waiters and waitresses
13. People that hold the door for me
14. Pressing the elevator button for other people
15. A good, much-needed cry
16. Funny graffiti on bathroom stall walls
17. Baby shoes
18. Reclining movie theater seats
19. Lightning bugs flickering in the night
20. The first untouched snowfall
21. Walking in a light rain
22. Kicking a stone down the sidewalk as far as I can 
23. The familiar streets of my hometown
24. Bitten pen caps
25. Becoming best friends with girls in the bathroom at a bar 
26. Miniature Mason jar shot glasses/salt & pepper shakers
27. Licking the icing off the spoon
28. The sound of ocean waves breaking on the shore
29. The final surprise fry at the bottom of the bag 
30. Hostels
31. Listening to a sad song while looking out the airplane window and pretending I am the star in a Lifetime movie
32. The shitty unrealistic and over-the-top college party scenes on Lifetime movies where there's always a guy handing out jello shots 
33. Alcohol-soaked fruit at the bottom of my drink
34. Lazy sundays with friends
35. Bugle fingertips
36. Packing for a trip
37. Pretending the shower head is a microphone
38. Blanket forts
39. People that are unapologetically themselves
40. Wedding reception dancing
41. Church songs from my childhood 
42. Replying to work emails with Taylor Swift GIFs
43. Iced skinny vanilla lattes (#basic)
44. Using big words appropriately 
45. Early 00's hip hop songs
46. Waking up earlier than usual and laying in bed waiting for my alarm to go off
47. Folding fresh out of the dryer clothing
48. Sitting on the heating vent in the winter
49. Shirts that don't wrinkle
50. Electrical outlets resembling faces
51. Antique-shopping/thrifting
52. Making a pointy dagger with a candy cane
53. Scissors gliding effortlessly through wrapping paper
54. Reese's easter eggs 
55. Burning a candle
56. Getting free samples at the food court
57. Finding forgotten cash in my jean pockets
58. Laughing until I can't breathe
59. Sweatshirts that smell like a bonfire
60. My grandma's perfume
61. Pringle duck beaks
62. Fancy bath salt in fancy restaurant bathrooms that make my skin feel fancy and soft
63. Wrap-around porches
64. Working from home
65. Seeing someone reading a book
66. Fireworks
67. The swish of the basketball net
68. People that don't take themselves too seriously
69. Putting my feet up on my desk
70. Sweet strawberries dipped in sugar in the summertime
71. Making up the words to songs
72. Cobblestone streets
73. British accents
74. The clinking of crushed ice as it falls into my glass
75. Head scratches
76. Rubbing my eyes after a long day and not having to worry about my makeup getting messed up
77. Bubble baths
78. Coming up with Instagram captions, dating app bios, Facebook event descriptions
79. The Parent Trap handshake
80. Biting pretzels in such a way that they form letters
81. The tiny corner pieces of a Donato's pizza
82. Arts & craft shows
83. Sitting in silence with someone and it not being weird
84. That initial taste of a Tic Tac 
85. Wandering aimlessly around Target 
86. The smell of a new book
87. Books whose pages have jagged edges and a built-in ribbon bookmark
88. Attentive bartenders
89. Deep conversations about religion/life in general 
90. Sticking one foot out of my comforter
91. The cool side of the pillow
92. Blowing bubbles
93. Abandoned Tootsie Rolls in the street after a parade
94. Throwing Pop-Its onto the sidewalk
95. Doing the air drum solo to In The Air Tonight 
96. Tracy Chapman's Fast Car
97. (Good) live music
98. French doors
99. Documentaries
100. Successfully writing a blog post after a hiatus

What would your 100 things be?

-MK

No comments:

Post a Comment