Chicken Noodle Soup For The Awkward Girl's Soul

A hearty serving of Chicken Noodle Soup For The Awkward Girl's Soul.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

MEXI, CAN I?




Let me start off this post by saying that those tanned legs are not my own and I had to steal all the photos in this post from my roommate.  Apparently I missed out on the whole "loves to take photos" gene that every other girl on the universe has.  What can I say? My genetic makeup is from the Target clearance bin not MAC.


I figured the only remedy to this post-vacation blues was to take a pigeon-toed stroll down memory lane into the abyss of salty air and even saltier margarita rims that was Cancun.  Literally, one of the best weeks of my life.  There is no such thing as a bad question--UNLESS that question is "should I go somewhere for my senior spring break?"  


The trip started out like any other--I was up until 4 A.M the night before searching for my iPhone in the confines of my house, afraid to alert Find My iPhone for fear I'd wake my roommates.  One upgrade to first class and lecture from the flight attendant on drinking too much alcohol later, I arrived in Cancun with phone safely in hand and guacamole on my mind.  I had set three fairly simple goals for myself:
  1. Get tan(ish).
  2. Eat guacamole.
  3. Become friends with British or Australian boys (though I'd settle for a conversation or eye contact or a simple "excuse me, do you know where the snack bar is?")
I am proud and shocked to say that all three were accomplished by the end of the week minus the whole tan thing, but whatever.  Other items to check off include the following: 


  • Witnessing two German boys take a selfie on my friend's camera.
  • Attending a $100 Snoop Dogg concert free of charge, thanks to my new Aussie friend/minor crush for four days. RIGHT? CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I MADE A FRIEND...who I talked to about my love for finger dancing and general disregard for touching and who also visited Columbus with his friends the following week. Very odd.



  • Guess which one is me.
  • Uncomfortably having to ask a random British guy in the hallway to tie the bow in the back of my dress because I couldn't do it myself and my friends were all waiting for me in the lobby.  Side note: Asking "where ya from, love?" is only okay if one has a British accent.



  • Being able to look awkward from a long distance.
  • Waking up with a swollen Angelina Jolie lip on steroids. Turn down for strong Cancun sun and blisters on my lip for four days.

  • Obligatory balloon hat photo obstructing my face? Check.

  • Leaving Senor Frogs with minimal scarring and pretty nifty photo-dodging sombrero-wearing skills.
  • I feel like I should have two bullet points underneath each photo, but I am running out of things to say.

  • Did I mention that I am, like, really good at dodging photos?

  • The only thing worse than Croc tanlines.
  • Getting to work in my whole "do you shop at Sharker Image?" pun.

  • CROWD SURFING. And by crowd surfing, I mean navigating the edges of the dance floor wishing that I could drink a Capri Sun in order to liquify myself and seep underneath the crack of the exit door to the nearest quesadilla stand. 

This post brought to you in loving memory of all the people that stopped reading half-way through.  I'd applaud those of you still reading if I didn't have to eat directly out of this pint of ice cream.  Did you know that once you open it, you have to finish it all in one sitting?  Rules are rules, folks.

Anyway, that's my spring break in a nutshell or shall I say seashell? HAHA.  Next stop: Europe. But first, probably the pantry or something.

Peace, love, and queso,

Awkward Girl

P.S. If you plan to ever drink in Mexico, you better...WAIT FOR IT...WAIT FOR IT...peso yourself okay it's been real.

No comments:

Post a Comment